名師答疑:close和near之間的區別

    Today we answer a question from Mehdi.
    今天我們來回復邁赫迪提出的問題。

    Question:
    提問:

    What is the difference between close and near?
    請問close和near這兩個單詞有什么區別?

    Answer:
    回答:

    Dear Mehdi,
    親愛的邁赫迪,

    Thank you for writing. You ask a good question.
    感謝您的留言。你提出了一個很棒的問題。

    "Close" and "near" are commonly used as adjectives. When you are talking about physical distances, you can use either word. Like this:
    Close和near這兩個單詞通常都用作形容詞。當我們在談論物理上的距離時,這兩個單詞都能用。例如:

    The subway station is close.
    地鐵站就在附近。

    The subway station is near.
    地鐵站就在附近。

    Both these sentences are correct and mean the same thing.
    這兩個句子都是正確的,并且含義相同。

    But if you are talking about something that deals with abstract ideas or qualities, like relationships, you use "close" instead of "near."
    但是如果我們說的是抽象思想或品質時,例如說到關系時,我們使用close而不是near。

    As in this example:
    如下例所示:

    My friend and I live in different countries, but we are very close.
    我的朋友跟我住在不同的國家,但是我們非常親密。

    Here, I am saying that my friend and I are not in the same physical area, but we are emotionally connected. We are good friends.
    我在這句話中表達的是我和朋友不住在同一個物理地域,但是我們情感相連。我們是好朋友。

    However, if I say, "My neighbor and I live in the same apartment building, but we are not close," I mean we occupy the same physical area, but we are not emotionally connected. My dog tried to bite his dog once, and he has never spoken to me again!
    然而,如果我說,“我和我的鄰居住在同一棟樓里,但是我們關系并不密切。”我說的是我們居住在同一物理地域,但是我們在情感上并無交集。我家的狗曾經想要咬他家的狗,他就再也不理我了。

    Thanks for writing, Mehdi. Reading comments from our listeners is the best part of the job – it makes us feel close to our audience.
    邁赫迪,感謝您的留言。閱讀聽眾們的留言是我們這項工作中最棒的一部分,這讓我們感覺跟聽眾們很親密。

    For now, that's Ask a Teacher!
    這里是名師答疑節目。

    I'm Anne Ball.
    我是安妮·鮑爾。(51VOA.COM原創翻譯,禁止轉載,違者必究!)

    2019六合图库