美國17歲少年吸食電子煙肺部受損接受雙肺移植手術

    Health officials in the United States reported last week on what they believe could be a medical first.
    美國衛生官員上周報告了他們所認為的首起醫療狀況。

    Officials said doctors performed what could be the first double lung transplant on a person whose lungs were severely damaged from vaping. The operation reportedly saved the life of a teenager from the state of Michigan.
    官員們表示,醫生對一位因為吸電子煙導致肺部嚴重受損的患者進行了首次雙肺移植手術。據報道這場手術挽救了密歇根州一位少年的性命。

    The young man was admitted in early September to a Detroit-area hospital with what appeared to be pneumonia, a common lung infection. The teen was later sent to Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit. On October 3, he was transported to Henry Ford Hospital, where the transplant was performed 12 days later.
    這名少年于今年9月初在底特律地區一家醫院入院治療,病癥似乎是肺炎這種常見的肺部感染。這名少年后來被送往底特律的密歇根兒童醫院。10月3日,他轉去了亨特·福特醫院,并在12天后接受了雙肺移植手術。

    Hassan Nemeh is surgical director of thoracic organ transplant at Henry Ford Hospital. He told The Associated Press that the damage done to the teenager's lungs from vaping could not be undone. He warned parents to think about that and to tell their children to do so as well.
    哈森·內梅是亨利·福特醫院胸腔器官移植手術的外科主任。他對美聯社表示,電子煙對這名少年肺部造成的損害無法逆轉。他警告父母要考慮到這一點,并提醒孩子們也要考慮到這點。

    Health officials did not release the patient's name. But they did say he is expected to recover. They also did not say what product the teenager vaped or how long he vaped.
    衛生官員并未透露這名患者的名字。但是他們確實稱他有望康復。他們沒有說明這名少年吸的是哪種電子煙產品以及吸了多久。

    The hospital released a statement written by the teen's family. It said, "We asked Henry Ford doctors to share that the horrific life-threatening effects of vaping are very real! Our family could never have imagined being at the center of the largest adolescent public health crisis to face our country in decades."
    醫院發表了患者家屬的一份聲明。聲明稱:“我們請亨特·福特醫院的醫生告知大家,吸電子煙對生命造成的嚴重威脅是真實存在的。我們的家庭從未想象會成為幾十年來美國最大的青少年公共衛生危機的焦點。” 

    More than 2,000 Americans who vape have gotten sick since March. Many of them are teenagers and young adults. At least 40 people have died.
    自今年3月以來,已經有兩千多名吸電子煙的美國人患病。其中很多是青少年和年輕人。至少有40人死亡。

    Recently, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported a discovery into what might be causing people who vape to become sick. They identified the chemical compound vitamin E acetate as a "very strong culprit."
    美國疾病控制與預防中心最近報告了一項發現,談到了電子煙吸食人群患病的可能病因。他們認為維生素E醋酸鹽化合物是“最大的罪魁禍首。”

    Researchers found the chemical compound in fluid taken from the lungs of 29 patients. In other studies, Vitamin E acetate was found in liquid from electronic cigarettes and other vaping devices.
    研究人員在29名患者肺部采集的液體中發現了這種化合物。在其它研究中,電子煙等設備的液體中也發現了維生素E醋酸鹽。

    Many who got sick said they had vaped liquids that contain THC, the part of marijuana that creates what is known as a "high." Many of those patients said they received the liquids from friends or bought them unlawfully.
    很多患者表示,他們吸食的電子煙包含四氫大麻酚成分,這是大麻中會造成興奮的物質。很多患者表示,他們從朋友那獲得這種液體,或者是非法購買所得。

    E-cigarettes and other vaping devices heat a liquid into a gas or vapor. Most products contain nicotine, but THC vaping has been growing more common.
    電子煙等設備將液體加熱為氣體或蒸汽。很多產品都含有尼古丁,但是含有四氫大麻酚成分的電子煙變得越來越普遍。

    Dr. Lisa Allenspach is a lung specialist and medical director of Henry Ford's Lung Transplant Program. She told The AP, "Vaping-related injuries are all too common these days. Our adolescents are faced with a crisis."
    麗莎·阿倫斯帕奇博士是亨特·福特醫院肺部移植項目的肺部專家和醫學主管。她對美聯社表示:“如今跟電子煙相關的傷害太常見了。我們的青少年正面臨危機。”

    She added that vaping products should not be used in any way.
    她還說不應該以任何形式吸食電子煙產品。

    Dr. Nemeh said the 17-year-old patient's case does not open any new ethical considerations about transplants for people who severely damage their own lungs by vaping.
    內梅博士表示,這名17歲患者的案例并未為那些吸電子煙導致自身肺部嚴重受損的人群打開任何有關移植的倫理學新考量。

    He added, "We hope sharing this patient's story prevents anyone else from experiencing a vaping injury that would require a transplant."
    他還說:“我們希望通過這名患者的案例發出警示,防止其他人遭受這種需要肺部移植的電子煙損害。”

    I'm Jonathan Evans.
    我是喬納森·埃文斯。(51VOA.COM原創翻譯,禁止轉載,違者必究!)

    2019六合图库